Monday, April 16, 2012

Great Performances on Binibining Pilipinas 2012


Last night, we watched the coronation of Binibining Pilipinas, the Miss Philippines beauty pageant. There are lots of pretty candidates this year. Although my bets went to the final set, the newly crowned Miss Philippines was a surprise.

I really like watching beauty pageants because I appreciate beauties. I also enjoy the Evening Gown competition even more than the Swimsuit competition, believe it or not. Because I think, in the outfit, especially gowns, the beauty of women flourishes more, compares to the swimsuit outfit, in which women are understandably attractive to men.

On the Evening Gown competition, there are two guests who performed during the ramp; Arnel Pineda and Bamboo.

I really admire Arnel Pineda for his high-pitched voice and he sing the song very similar to that of the original. He was discovered on YouTube and now a lead singer of the band Journey (Open Arms, Anyway You Want It). Every time this guy sings, I listen.

He sang one of my favorite song from one of my favorite band U2; Pride. I really stick to the tube when I heard the intro. I thought the song was really high pitched. Although Arnel reached the pitch, I saw that it really gave him a challenge. All in all, it was a great performance.



Another great singer in this event was Bamboo, a former lead vocalist of Rivermaya and Bamboo. In this number, I can say that he really is a singer. He sings well, unlike other band frontmen who's main goal in performing is to growl.



Now, going back to the winner, the winning candidate was candidate no. 18, Janine Tugonon. A pharmacy graduate, this is her second time to compete in the pageant. She was the first runner-up last year. This proves that winners don’t quit.

I think Janine deserves it. She got looks and brain. She answered the question very well. Her winning answer made me convinced that she deserves to wear the crown and be the Philippines’ representative to the upcoming Miss Universe pageant.

When asked about women choosing a successful career over a happy family life;

“I believe women have the right to choose between what they want. Just go for what God wants you to do. Between the two, whatever it is, you must do your purpose in this world. Just have faith and mature obedience, and everything will go smooth,”

image by Yahoo!


List of winners

Best in Evening Gown: Anelee delos Reyes (No. 26)
Nestle’s Best in Swimsuit: Nicole Schmitz (No. 8)
Bb. Photogenic: Karen Gallman (No. 1)
Best in National Costume: Nicole Schmitz (No. 8)
Bb. Friendship: Chloe Zanardi (No. 25)
Manila Bulletin’s Reader’s Choice Award: Roxanne Tadique (No. 20)
People’s Binibini (Choice): Giselle Munoz (No. 21)
Bb. Talent: Katrina Dimaranan (No. 13)
Ms. PAL: Mary Jean Lastimosa (9)


No comments:

Post a Comment